Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy....!

It's freezing cold, but Faith can't resist trying to build a sandcastle. This is what she does while the boys are fishing.
That guy behind me, surrounded by gulls, was dipnetting. He had a cooler full of fish.
I don't have a fishing license yet. (They cost $150.00) I figured I'd let the boys get theirs 1st. That's okay, I'm happy to be the one behind the camera.
The Locals are Dip netting, we can't because we haven't lived here for a year. The boys aren't having much luck using the pole.
Dip netting: (according to Rachel) Fishermen put on waders and stand in the freezing cold water with a huge net on the end of a long pole. The salmon swim into the net and are caught.
We know the dipnetters are bringing in salmon because the seagulls are going crazy. Yes...those are fish heads they're fighting over, and they are everywhere.
TJ loved it, he ran around trying to catch the gulls. Gracie loved it too...until she noticed the fish heads covering the beach and ran back to us crying. I can see how it might be a little traumatic.

No comments: