Monday, July 14, 2008

10 Days into my new life here in Alaska. Living by the beach is such a life saver for me. I love sunny days so I can take the kids and go down to the beach and listen to the waves. Utah is home, but I've lived in California, Hawaii, and now Alaska. I'm in a strange new place, I feel more like a tourist than than someone who actually belongs here. But when I step onto the beach it feels like home.
Hopefully one day my new house will also feel like home. Maybe when we get our stuff here.
I really miss everyone back home. Last night was hard because my family always gets together on Sunday nights back in Utah. Here my husband and Father-in-law had to work. So it was Sunday night and I didn't have a family to hang out with. Some of the things I gave up to move up here were absolutely priceless. I'm looking for priceless things to learn to love here to fill the holes.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Rachel,
love the pictures. make great memories for this kids

Wonderland Girl said...

shortsleeves! yay!