Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Call

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself this morning when I woke up. The gray light filtering in, still no sunshine. I knew my husband would sleep all day, since he had worked all night. I would just be stuck in the house with the kids all day. I felt depressed and alone and I didn't want to get out of bed. When my husband came in he tried to cheer me up, but I resisted. I just felt like I had too much to be unhappy about. Then he told me about going to the hospital last night to photograph the body of a little one & a half year old drowning victim. (She was just a few months younger than my little Faith) Ashamed of myself for my needless self pitty, I turned to him to try and comfort him. He said there was no reason for this to have happened, maybe she was just called home. Imagining the unbareable grief of her parents, I felt a call too. A call to go to my kids and love them extra long and hard. A call not to take for granted the blessings that I have been given, but to be thankful for a day when all I have to do is spend the entire day alone with my precious children. May we always hear and answer that call....and never take another day for granted.

1 comment:

Mowii said...

Love the picture, the kids look happy. We miss you and love you very much. This was a great idea. Please keep putting on more pictures.