Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I'd like to thank my sister-in-law Carly. She introduced me to the world of blogging. I new I needed something to feel connected to the people back home. This has really felt like a lifeline for me, a rather unexpected way of coping.
Here are the rules that accompanying this award.
1. Post the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 7 other people for this award and add links to their blog.
4. Leave a message for the people that you nominated!
- I nominate Carly, for being my blogging 1st.
- Alison, for inspiring me with her blog.
- Peggy, for her beautiful family videos
- Lecea, for her stunning photography
- Patty, because I can't get enough of her ultrasound video
- Kudos back to Chauntue' for having such a spiritual blog (already a winner)
- Shout out to Crafty Mandy for the most belly laughs (already a winner)
An honorable mention to The Kenai Ward Branch photography blog. It's private but it's one of my favorites.
And a welcome to my sister-in-law Jenine...it's her 1st day and I'm so excited! :)
Love you guys!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
- I don't actually like fish very much. I'm really trying too because my husban wants to live on it. But I can have it once and then I'm good for a very long time. Fish every day is killing me, I'd much rather be eating crustaceans.
- I love patterns. Number patterns specifically. I hope to pay bills on 08/08/08 so I can write that awesome date over and over. (it only happens once a year.)
- Today I dipped my toe into the freezing ocean water. When I did I asked it if it had ever been to Hawaii....but it didn't answer me.
- I love making lists.
- I love the freecreditreport.com jingles. My kids ask me to rewind them over and over on the DVR, and I sing along.
- Back to loving patterns, I like to do the same things over and over every day. Eat the same thing for breakfast, listen to the same song, I even tend to wear a certain outfit on certain days of the week.
Umm, I don't know how to add links. I hope this is okay!
Since I'm a new blogger (less than a month into this.) I don't have 6 people who haven't recently been tagged. Hope 4's okay!
Patty, Carly, Peggy, Alison, Lecea
That doesn't mean that seeing scruffy bearded men in hip boots skinning fish on their front lawn doesn't make me wonder how I ended up here. It surprises me greatly that after 10 years of saying Alaska is to0 far from home....suddenly I actually live here.
The good news is, that this is my husbands dream. Scruffy bearded me, hip waders, fish and all. Lucky for me I never have to look very for for the reason that I'm here.
To My Love: My life would be very different without you, but I wouldn't change it for anything. I love you Babe.
The Reason Why I'm Here.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
This was kind of a hard day for me. In Vernal we would have had a large party with everyone in the family helping to celebrate. None of our kids have ever had a party without lot's of little cousins to help celebrate. I was pretty homesick.
Thank you to my husband and father-in-law for being there to make me smile and help make Faith's birthday fun. You guys made the day great, I love you both so much.
Time for presents. Rip it open Faith!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
-Did you take time to be thankful for your table today? Our stuff is supposed to arrive 8/1/08. Holy Moly Cow! -That's a long wait.
This photo was taken at 10:30 PM -see how light it is outside?
Notice the new tile? Brent and Jean worked really hard on that...I think it looks really good.