Friday, August 1, 2008

Our Rafting Trip on the Kasilof River

We took the kids on their 1st river rafting trip, down the Kasilof River.
They were so excited, they couldn't wait to go! Grandpa didn't want to come, he said Grandpa's don't float.
Faith was a little scary, she kept trying to crawl over the side of the raft. Finally we made her a little leash; so we wouldn't loose her if she did go over....baby's don't float either.


-Gracie kept telling us there was grass floating in the water. I looked but couldn't see any pieces. Finally we realized she was talking about this little grass covered island in the middle of the river.

-Everytime we floated past a big rock, she would ask if it was a Hippopatamous. Finally we just told her yes. Then our raft rubbed against a rock making a noise...she told everyone on the dock that the hippo farted on our raft.

5 comments:

The Bohans said...

Looks like a fun time, your weather was perfect. Gotta watch out for those hippos though.

Hope said...

It looks so beautiful and serene. What a great idea to do a little river excursion! I know how hard it is to be away from home. Granted, we'd only moved to Arizona, and not as far away as Alaska, but it can be difficult to be away from family and places you love. However, I have to say that even though we had a pretty good marriage, moving away and kind of being in a position where "we" were all we had made us so much stronger. It was the best thing that could have happened to our family. And we weren't there forever. We were there 4 years and then decided it was time to move back. So you never know where life might lead you, but if you're going with your heart, only good can come from it.

Congrats for taking the leap!

P.S. I'm with you on the glacier water. Makes sense to me...

I'd like to invite you to see my blog. Send me your email address to brettandhope@gmail.com

Leacayoungart said...

Too cute! I bet you guys had a great time!

Ivy Lou said...

Rach, I hope you are happy up there. It looks like you guys had quite a fun time on the River. The water is beautiful! I just had surgery yesterday and seeing your blog totally brightened my morning. I loved the hippos farting part! How cute!

Peless Family said...

Hey I found your blog through Leaca's. It looks like you had a great time on this trip. This is something I have never done. Thanks for the VT message and the Almond Joy treat. How did you know I LOVE those?? :)