Friday, August 8, 2008

Enough Unpacking...Let's go Fishing!

The Kenai River one beautiful, warm, sunny day.


No where near finished with our unpacking, we heard a school of salmon had come in and they were biting. So we played hookie and went fishing.

I'm not sure who was more excited, TJ or his Dad. For some reason TJ kept referring to the fish he was reeling in as a naughty boy, he's hilarious.
Like father like son.
TJ & Dad caught these "naughty boys." We almost lost them when the tide started coming in. The water on the bank of the river rose so quickly we completely lost sight of them. My husband asked me what I'd done with the fish. Luckily I could see a bright spot in the water Grandpa had his waders so he climbed in and retrieved them...tricky fish!
Aww... this is the life!
The kids were pretty excited to try out their new poles. TJ got to use real bate but the girls just reeled their casting fish in over and over all day. poor girls.
Mud cake on a rock, Thanks Grace.
Grandpa's little sidekick, they make quite the pair.




I know I should have helped her up instead of pausing to snap a photo. But I just couldn't resist. I'm sorry baby.
The water in the River came up so quickly that we almost lost Faith too. She was in water into her waste and started slipping when she decided to get out. I also had to rescue her shoes...twice.

She just can't resist dipping her to in. (She reminds me of my Aunt Sharon)

4 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

Looks like you had a great time. I am glad you got all unpacked.

Neene said...

I feel right with you Rachel, on the spider-man pole issue. Sometimes it doesn't make sense, you aren't going to win, so just give in. Make sure you write down these funny little things the kids are saying like T.J. naughty little boys and about the farting hippo. Oh, my, how cute. To cute to forget.

Love ya, love Neene

Brynn said...

Beautiful Rachel!

I can't believe I actually was lucky enough to come across your blog! It's been soooo long! You look amazing and you have such a beautiful family! And I have to admit that someday I'm sure we will be living in Alaska! It's my husband's dream and I actually get reminded about it every day! We lived there in Anchorage for 6 months after we got married. We are in Utah now, but I promised him I would try to live there some day! So I guess It's a blessing I found you cuz someday I might need a friend to remind me of home!
I'm just so excited I found you!!!
:)Brynn (lemon) Haskell

Mowii said...

Rachel,

I really wish it could have been me to come and help you unpack. It just doesn't seem right to be to far to help out. The kids look great, and you and Brent both look good as well. I'm really glad that Grandpa is there with you, please tell him thanks for me. I kinda wish it was me there.

To all the helpful ward members. THANK YOU for taking care of my sister and her family. I can not express my gratitude enough, thanks for doing what I wanted to but couldn't do. I ma so glad that you have taken my family into your hearts.

I love all the Hatch family so much. Please give the kids my love.

Auntie Mowii