Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Things That I'm Missing



Life in Alaska so far has had it's ups and downs. Some days I'm bound and determined to make this work no matter what it takes. Some days, I find myself looking back missing what I left behind. Today, I missed the blessing of my baby niece Evy. Everyone else made it for the special event (my family is so awesome!) I'm sure they had a great time, I sure wish I could have been there. It's hard for me to miss stuff like that. I'm afraid I'll become the Auntie who lives in Alaska, who the kids don't know or care about. I liked feeling like the favorite Aunt.
Congrats! Heather, Keola and Baby Evy! I love you, I miss you, and I was thinking about you!!!!!!!!!! My heart was with you guys!
BooHoo's aside. I'm missing my house hold goods still. (So it's not too late to vote. ) When my kids ask where their missing toys are, I tell them they're on a slow boat. Their beds? slow boat. Books, clothes, games, movies?...slow boat. When I went to the DMV & tried to get my Alaska drivers license, they wouldn't give it to me without my marriage license, I told them...It's on a Slow Boat! Oh where, oh where has that slow, slow boat gone? ....cross my fingers, maybe we'll hear something about it tomorrow!!!!

4 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

It will come soon....I just know it!!!

Unknown said...

Blog stalker here! Actually, I used to live in the Kenai ward, we recently moved to Fairbanks. I think our husbands talked. He is a state trooper. Anyway..I want you to know I know exactly how you feel. It took me three years to actually "like" Alaska..(I hated it at first). But my husband promised us he would send us home (Back to Utah) as much as possible. I am now here in Utah on vacation for a month, and believe it or not, I can't WAIT to get back to Alaska. (Wow..I never thought I'd say that). If you ever need to talk email me!
offthewallcreations@hotmail.com
our blog
www.guymonsrus.blogspot.com
Good Luck!!
-Erika Guymon

Mowii said...

We all missed you at the blessing. I cried a lot because you should have been there holding Evy instead of me. She is really pretty. And the dress Laura made with mom's booties were awsome. Heather even made a headband with pearls on it. Evy sleeps with here eyes open like Kaleo.
You will never be the forgotten Auntie. Truthfully that is one of my fears. That Faith will not remember who I am. You will always be there. And the kids love and miss you, and they do care about you!!! Just think, when the kids come to visit you in Alaska. You will be the best Auntie, because you have the boat, and live right by the ocean. It will be the coolest family vaction EVER!.

-Rachel said...

True Mow, I just wish it wasn't quite so far, it's an expensive trip. I'm already looking forward to the 1st trip home, playing games all night and partying till we drop. It'll be awesome!
Love You Kiddo!