Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thank You, to the Peless Family

Tuesday evening a new friend who I've made in my ward, showed up at my house asking if she could help with the unpacking. She said she had read my blog, and felt like she needed to come help me. I was surprised and excited that she came. She helped me till late and we had a great visit. I cried after she left because I didn't expect anyone to come running to my aide ...Not now that I'm so far from home.
Today she and her husband took my kids all day so I could work uninterrupted. Then her husband and another ward member stopped by, and took a load of boxes to the dump for me. What amazing and kind people there are living here in Alaska. My new ward really has been so wonderful. It's enough to make me think, maybe I can learn to like it here.
Thank You So Much, for hearing, for caring, and for showing up with willing hearts and helping hands.

4 comments:

Chauncy said...

Dosn't it make you wonder what people who are not lds do in time of need when family is not around? I am so glad to hear you have a good ward that will make all the difference in the world. I am 2nd Counsler in Relief Society in my ward which means I am over Enrichment and mini classes. Ask them if they have a play group we started one and it has been our biggest hit. Mom's love to come and visit while the kids play. We usualy just go to the park with a sandwich and let the kids play everyone loves it. When it get's cold we will probably just go to the gym with a bunch of balls and let them play there while us mom's visit. My boys start school this year and I will really miss play group.(for me). I'm glad you got your stuff it will get better now because it will feel more like home with all your belonging's. Hey I just had a thought, you were almost like the pioner's leaving all your stuff behind to descover a new land. Well you know what I mean. Lot's of luck email me if you ever want to talk chauntue@ubtanet.com

Chauntue Peterson said...

wow that was weird it posted me as Haegen above I don't get all this bogging stuff yet. I started Haegen a private blog and it must have used his name but it's me chauntue'

Peless Family said...

It was our pleasure. Thanks for sharing your wonderful kids with us. We really did have a good time playing!!

Leacayoungart said...

Kristen is the greatest. Love her bunches. She said she had a great time with your kids.