Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cayacking to the Captain Cook Monument

The Captain Cook Memorial actually belongs to Britain. When Captain Cook first came to the Island the Hawaiians thought he was a god because of his white skin. He left, and then later returned which made the Hawaiians suspicious and they ended up killing him....bummer.
I couldn't paddle (obviously) because of my shoulder. But Brent did a fabulous job and enjoyed the work out. He's always wanted to go kayaking and could have paddled all day.
I just got to sit and look hot in the front of the boat...hey it works for me!
Brant and Jen made a good team rowing together. (I'm glad I had my shoulder as an excuse. Jen would have definitely out rowed me.)
You don't even have to be there to see how awesomely clear the water was. The snorkeling was insanely awesome.
I didn't get a picture of myself snorkeling...because it's hard to photograph one's self while swimming one handed. But I did get back on the proverbial horse. I even tried out my one handed diving skills. Even though everyone else thought I was crazy. I had to prove to myself there was nothing to be scared of. No point ending up with a phobia like I did with the dirt bike....(but that's a different story)
I'm glad I went one handed snorkeling! It was beautiful!


You know you're smitten when you think your man still looks good even in a snorkeling mask.
Whew!!! he looks even better without it!
Here's Jen. She is the most adorable little pregnant snorkeling lady you have ever seen! She and I sure had a lot of fun together.

We've been married for 10 years, together for 12. I love him more now than I ever did. He proves to me more and more that he is truly the man of my dreams. I'm such a lucky girl!

5 comments:

Us Egberts said...

Lucky!!!!in so many ways;)

The Bohans said...

It looks like it was a wonderful time, I'm so glad you guys got to go and see the sun and enjoy yourselves

RoseAnna said...

OH...so sweet!

Mowii said...

Brent, Thanks for taking such good care of my sister!!!! I don't worry about her much because you are there.

Rachel, Congrats on taking the temple classes. I'm really happy for you! And envious that you got to go with out me. Someday though, when I am extremely wealthy. I will take you with Justin and I. HA HA HA

Bowles-RomanFamily said...

RACH- I finally had time and gave in, only cuz Katie made her blog private was the only way for me to see her! So here I am, who know adventually I might be a blogger too!
I love looking at you life with Brent. It looks peaceful and full of love! CONGRATS!