Saturday, January 3, 2009

The BEST Christmas Present EVER...and How I got to Hawaii

Well I knew that Brent & Bishop Ellis had been plotting some sort of elaborate Christmas present. But I had no clue what it was. The subject of Hawaii had come up, but I firmly believed that he was trying to throw me off by hinting about Hawaii. There is no way possible that we could afford that kind of trip right now. I check the bank statements routinely and knew we hadn't spent that kind of money.
So when I opened up the gift, that was actually a travel itinerary for a trip to Hawaii. I kept looking and looking for something to say it was a joke....well it wasn't. It was a trip to Hawaii, and we were leaving that day! Brent had arranged for our friends the Pelless's and the McCormick's to take the kids and everything was planned. All I had to do was pack.

Bishop Ellis had extra Alaskan Airlines miles, and they wanted another couple to go to Hawaii with them. How do you adequately thank someone for that kind of a gift? Even though it's been 8 years since we moved back, I still feel homesick for Hawaii. I just loved it so much. This was literally the best Christmas gift I've ever received.

We enjoyed every single day 100%. It didn't matter if we were tired, or if it was raining, if we were stuck behind a landslide, sun burned, or suffering from a dislocated shoulder. Every day was absolutely as perfect as it could possibly have been. Everyone was so thankful just to be in the HAWAII! We got to feel the actual heat of the sun! That's a big deal if you live in a place where the sun barely clears the house across the street at it's peak. It was the best Christmas ever!

Me and Jen in the sun!
The 4 of us at Kulaniapia Falls.
This was the 1st beach we stopped at on Christmas Day. The boy's couldn't wait to dive in!
Doesn't Jen look cute? Can you believe she's 5 months pregnant? It was so nice just to be in the sunshine!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Merry Christmas to you! That sounds like a lot of fun, glad you enjoyed it.

Chauntue Peterson said...

wow a vacation what's that. I'm glad you had a great time, how lucky are you!!!

RoseAnna said...

That is so awesome!! How lucky!! That is awesome!