Saturday, January 3, 2009

I love to see the Temple...

Here's something to ease the shock, if you were brave enough to look at my sea urchin encounter...
One of the best things about dislocating my shoulder, was that we changed our plans for Tuesday's activities. Instead of a busy activity packed day, we slept in, hit the McDonald's drive through for breakfast, and started touring the south side of the Island. We just happened to turn down the road that led us directly to the Kona temple.

We stopped and ate our breakfast in the parking lot, and spent the next 2 hours just enjoying the peaceful spirit on the temple grounds.

In case you forgot that it was Christmas, here's a beautiful nativity to remind you what Christmas is really about.
This was really special to me, because I'm taking the temple classes right now in preparation to go to the temple. I've been waiting my whole life and now the time finally seems right.

I'm so excited to go, and looking forward with hope to the day that Brent and the kids might be able to come with me.

Maybe one day I can come back, and I'll be able to go inside the Kona Temple. That would be one of my dreams come true.
















2 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow, that is special. I'm excited its the right time for you. I don't think I realize the blessings that attending the temple brings, but occasionally the glimpses of those blessings really touch my heart and remind me how grateful I am for all we have.

Rod Eskelson said...

That is so cool maybe when its time for you to go we will have enough money to come and go with you. did you know that Kamryn and your nephew got baptized on sat at the same time it was good to see all your family they sure miss you and so do we.