Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gracie's Bad Hair Day...


If you know my little Gracie, then you're not surprised that this finally happened. I've probably told her a hundred times that only mama cuts hair, and that she shouldn't do it....Well yesterday the inevitable occured.
I'm just glad she didn't give Faith a hair cut too. Look at all that hair....!

She gave herself spikes on top and buzz length bangs...awesome hair Grace.
It was sad when she almost started to cry and said she still wanted to be pretty. I assured her she would be pretty even with short hair and that mom would fix it.
I'm no professional, but I did the best I could. Look at how much hair she ended up loosing.
See she's still pretty. And if I comb her bangs over just so, you can't even see the spike :)
I saved this much in the back...not too boyish.
She was able to smile afterward. All is well that ends well. That's my little Grace.

The funny thing in a sad kind of way is that I got a book from the library called "Bad Hare Day" in this book a little bunny "hare" goes to her Uncle Bunnies Salon and give's everyone bad haircuts...do you see where I'm going with this? If you have a scissor prone child I recommend avoiding this book at all costs. It is amusing...but you know they're going to have to try it out!

12 comments:

Chauntue Peterson said...

oh how sad my boys cut their own hair to but that is no big deal just buz it off except it was right before Dillon's wedding so i wanted the to be cute. Luckely Taylor never cut her own hair but nikki sure tried. She didn't think taylor should have long pretty hair and not nikki. lol

Joslin @ Just Batty said...

Oh my gosh! That's so much hair! I'm so glad you found us, I'll definitely be checking up on you now. I'm glad you're doing well in Alaska, but we miss you.

Peggy said...

The haircut turned out really cute--good job! You handled that situation really well. I've been lucky that none of my boys have attempted their own haircuts yet--and of course with boys its not as tricky to fix. Again, cute haircut!

Ramanda said...

That is an adorable haircut considering the circumstances!!! It seems like it would be painful to have to cut all that long blonde hair! Good thing it is just hair.

Is it me, or are you guys going through one crazy thing after the other! What next?!

RoseAnna said...

That is so sad...so much hair. I did the same thing when I was little. Gracie looks so much cuter than I did. The haircut really looks good!!

The Bohans said...

I think it's a cute little haircut, not really what you wanted, but it ended well. She's still adorable.

Rod Eskelson said...

I knew one of Brents kids would attempt a mullet but never thought Gracie would look so cute with one. Tell her she is still one of the prettiest girls I know. I hate to say it But we miss you guys too.

Leacayoungart said...

Uh Oh! She still looks cute.

Ivy Lou said...

No Way!!!

I actually think the haircut you gave her is super-dang cute!!! Good job!

Slaugh Family said...

Oh well she still is very cute, I'm glad that Timberlyn never cut her own hair but Quentyn took the electric shavers to his and so he ended up with NO HAIR, good thing hair grows back.

Mowii said...

Please tell my little Gracie that her Auntie is sad she cut her hair, but she still looks so pretty. Rachel the haircut is cute. Please give all the kids my love. Brent, I am glad we did not lose you with the four wheeler. I love you all so much!!!
Auntie Mowii

Wonderland Girl said...

Well lets just say no one can relate better to this little post than ME!!!
5th time's a charm I always say.
But Gracie is soooo beautiful and I absolutely love the cut. You did a good job salvaging!!
Also you handled it like a good mom. Not a raving lunatic like somebody I know...really well.