Thursday, May 21, 2009

What a difference one month can make

5/1/09 We were so excited when the snow finally melted!
The kids have been dying to get out of the house!
It was very presumptuous to go outside without coats. We froze! But we had a blast.
The kids couldn't wait to go to the park again!



Compare to the pictures from last month at the beach, still covered in ice. 4/4/09
We were so excited to go out in the sunshine then too.
TJ found a nice ice chunk at the beach, and said he just wanted to lay down and relax in the sunshine.


I really can't describe how happy I am that the snow is finally gone. We're even starting to get a little bit of grass! It's still chilly, but I'm happy. Next winter can not come slow enough. :)

2 comments:

Prashanth Anandamurthy said...

Hi Rachel,
I literally 'stumbled' onto your blog. Looking at the photos reminded me of my 7 year old nephew and my 3 year old niece.
And they live 1000's of miles away in India!
:)
But the remembrance was in a good way.
Thank you.

The Bohans said...

What a difference a month does make!! At least you are finally starting on the upside of summer!