Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wondering if Mt. Redoubt will blow...

Last Sunday our friends the Young's called and said the alert on our Mt. Redoubt had been elevated and to get down the beach to check it out!
When we got down there, it was really smoking, and putting off ash. We haven't been able to see much up to this point, because it's been too cloudy.

We've had some earthquakes and some rumblings from the volcano, but so far not much action. The Volcano is across the inlet from our house, so we're at a safe distance.
This is the most I've seen it do so far. Brent really wants it to blow and put on a show. I think the ash would be annoying, but I think it would look cool...so I'm on the fence.
I love this picture of my kiddos experiencing nature. It's humbling to view Heavenly Father's creations.

My poor baby Faith was already in her PJ's. She was so cold!
OK, I know this is really sad. It was pretty cold and the wind was blowing. She wanted to go back to the van. I told her to give me her best princess smile.
She tried really hard to smile, but it was far too cold.
So Brent gave me his best princess smile instead. No one can do it like Faith. But sometimes we like to try.


Our friend Leaca got some beautiful pictures of our family. It was fun to hang out on the beach with them.
Thanks for the pictures Leaca!
This is another picture she took of Brent. He was the only one who didn't have to run back to the car to get warm. Check out the huge wave crashing in front of him.

4 comments:

The Bohans said...

Wow those are some good photos, but man does it look cold!!

Angeline and Matt said...

Those are cool pictures, I didn't know it was steaming like that again, I too hope it blows, it's just something to tell the grandkids:)

Rod Eskelson said...

I loced going to teh beach when I was in Kenai. Mt. Redoubt was just a mountian then no smoke!!! Your kids are getting big and cuer if possible. Good to see pictures of you all, be safe and we love you guys!

Anonymous said...

you are welcome. i have been so bad about checking blogs lately. =]