Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our First Wrestling Tournament....

This day was all about TJ, but I have to praise Brent for a minute. He got home from work at 7:00 A.M. Changed his clothes got in the car and drove us out to Homer for TJ's wrestling tournament.
I really thought that Brent would stay home and I would take TJ myself, but he wanted to be there for TJ no matter what. He's such a good Dad!
The boys were excited to be at their very first wrestling tournament!
TJ didn't have his wrestling shoe's yet, and our friend Gabe didn't have his head gear. So we shared and everything turned out just fine.
At weigh-ins TJ tipped the scale at a whopping 33lb. He and this little guy from Anchorage were the only one's that small. Unfortunately they made a separate weight class just for them, so TJ only got to wrestle once.
He did pretty good during warm-ups against the 40lb wrestlers on our team.



He doesn't look happy to be pinned does he?
Brent and the coach worked with the little guys and they had a lot of fun.




Although TJ did great in practice...he lost his match. TJ didn't seem to mind -or realize that he lost. :) It was a fun first try, and we're looking forward to his next match in Soldotna on the 28th!

Even though the boys lost, we took them out to celebrate with Pizza. They did a really good job and we had a great time.

6 comments:

Us Egberts said...

TJ wrestling is so cute....their little head gear....they are so tinly TJ looked like he was out weighed by his opponent but he did so good.

Unknown said...

Oh that looks so fun, they are so cute! I am so happy that I get to look forward to things like this :)

munyer jerk chicken said...

We just watched your videos, TJ, and all three kids were cheering for you (even Ziya). Have fun with your wrestling season!

The Bohans said...

I was going to say he looks so "cute" but I think I will go with "tough"! Man he looks tough! I wouldn't want to encounter him in a dark alley!

Kassi Luck said...

What a cute little wrestler!! You guys are such a cute family!! I am glad to see you guys are doing well!!

Mowii said...

Tell TJ, his Auntie Mowii is so proud of him. He did a great job!!!! I love and miss you all so much. Our little fairy princesses are so beautiful. Make sure they know that as well. Well got to go. Love you