Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Riding the Iditarod Trail (March)

So this is Brent's new snow machine, and a very me nervous me riding it for the first time.  

It mostly went okay except for when I accidentally spun out on the ice on the river and made the snow machine do a 360.    I'm VERY afraid of being on frozen bodies of water -due to falling through the ice once as a child.   So brave person that I am, I started to cry and told Brent I didn't want to drive on the ice anymore.  
He kindly took over and I wasn't nearly as frightened when he was driving and I just had to hold on and pray.  :)
It actually turned out to be a lot of fun. We rode on the trail used for the Iditarod and Iron Dog races. How many women do you know who can say they've ridden on the iditarod trail when they were 4 months pregnant? I can. :)


Here's a picture of Brent helping some ladies from the village use their ice drill so they could do some ice fishing.   I didn't get a good picture of it, but the drill went all the way into the ice past the handles.... And I was scared of falling through?

2 comments:

Colleen Marie said...

Aww, you two are so cute! So does the new snow machine mean that you're going to be staying in Alaska for a while longer?

Wilson Family said...

Dear Rachel,
Can I just say how much we miss you and yes, you look like you are so happy and having so much fun that i want to come up to Alaska (to visit). Brent always looks like he has found his heaven on earth. I love you and wish we could see you. Love Carly