Saturday, September 4, 2010

The warmest day of summer...

Ready, Set...
JUMP!!!
Submersion
Get me outta here!
Holy Crap that's Cold!!!
Gracie going for her little swim.. they only last in the water for abut 20 seconds but they sure think it's exciting!
Faith also loves the water, though not quite as much as Gracie.
Poor TJ, if you look close you can see the horror on his face that says it all.... I'm with you buddy.
TJ was the only kid smart enough to just stay out of the water, Brent (encouraged) him to take a little dip.  But like me, he really didn't want anything to do with it.
My best guess is that this was the warmest day of summer here in Unalakleet. (July 8th)  We went to the river to have a picnic and the approximation of some swimming. 
This proves that everyone in my family is tougher than me, cause I went in to my knees and it was so painfully cold that I ran right out. 
Gracie and Faith go in till they can't stand any more (20 seconds) then they would get out and stand on the beach till they dared get in again. 
Nothing like a warm summer day. :)

2 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Very daring, might as well add penguins and polar bears. I loved Brent's face when he got out of the water trying to be tough even though every muscle in his body is screaming "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?"

Leacayoungart said...

Your kids are tough little cookies.