Sunday, June 13, 2010

A (Hot?) Date In Unalakleet....

Unalakleet on the left, sea ice on the right, snow covered beach in the middle, and storm coming in quickly.



It's hard to get a good perspective.  But we're walking on an dirt crusted snow bank that's about four feet thick... in April.  I remember this seemed like a warm day.
Awww!  YOU make make Me feel like I'm on top of the world BABY!

While the kids were in school Brent and I would go on "dates" during the 2 hours that we were childless.  This is a date we took in April.  I know it was a long time ago, but this is the kind of thing I'll want to remember when I'm old and gray.
My man can walk on water... frozen water.  But he's still amazing to me. 


We're still waiting for the sea ice to completely melt off.  This is what it looked like 2 months ago in April.

Hills and tundra, starting to think it might melt sometime... in the next month and a half... Pretty isn't it? 

Some natives taking their snow machines out on the sea ice.  Most likely headed out to seal hunt or check crab pots.  The locals said they had more sea ice this year than they've had in the last 10 years.

2 comments:

Leacayoungart said...

Wow. In June? This is what I have to look forward to???

Us Egberts said...

I love to see your updates...I love your attitude about life....thanks for sharing...keep blogging:)