Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life in U-to-the-N-to-the-A-to-the... just kidding, here in Unalakleet. ;)

Gracie in her little firefighter hat from pre-school.  I think she's pretty cute!  Looks cold though!

I finally live somewhere cold enough to wear my fox fur hat that Brent gave me.  (I always felt a little silly before.  But here it's a way of life.  People make their own fur coats and gloves.  It's so cold that you need them.  Sometimes it's so cold that it gives me a brain freeze headache from being out side, with the wind blowing so hard, it really hurts.  (like when you eat ice cream too fast only worse) It really makes you appreciate warm clothes. 



It took me a while to do any posting. 1st we didn't have internet. Then I had to get up the gumption to take pic's in the FREEZING cold.
But here it is, Unalakleet.  You can see our appartment behind the snow hill Gracie is playing on.




Brent missed the kids so much when we were in Vernal that he bought them this little .22 rifle. He was so EXCITED about it.... the kids liked it too! :)



We got home from our trip to Vernal just in time to celebrate Brents 32 Birthday.   :)   Happy Birthday Baby!

6 comments:

Hope said...

I've been wondering how you've been! I'm so glad you posted pictures. It DOES look cold there! Do you know what the population is? Do you have a church branch? Is there an elementary school? (All these questions...)

Wilson Family said...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you... I can't thank you enough for the posts. More more more! We love you and miss you Heaps and heaps!

munyer jerk chicken said...

YOU'RE BACK!!! It's good to see pictures of you guys. I can't wait for more detailed posts... what your daily life is like (hint, hint). I'm fascinated by the small Alaskan communities and am dying to know how it's all working out for you guys. You all look great.

Super Angie said...

I heart your hat. It's perfect.

Us Egberts said...

What a fun fun blog....thanks for posting...all I can say is you are an angel!

Leacayoungart said...

Brain freeze like that took me by surprise. I had it once in Dillingham walking home from work. Crazy cold!