Sunday, August 16, 2009

Doing The Tourist Thing in Kenai...

We got to take Mom and Dad to do some of the touristy things around Kenai. Our kids have been begging to come to this little wood carving place since we moved here. We figured this would be the perfect time to check it out.
I'm not sure if this chair is quite big enough...
Like two little growling bear cubs.
This is a real salmon!.... carving. :)
I know it looks sad... She REALLY wanted to ride on the little merry-go-round... over and over and over...
She could have gone all day!


He isn't nearly as handsome as my Dad.

Is it supposed to be biting him or kissing him...?
I wonder how many tourists have this exact same picture?

Visiting the Soldotna Visitors Center.
The stairway that leads down to the Kenai River.


Gracie with her little monkey on her back.
Swimming at the beach.... or as close as we get.



This summer has been really warm compared to last year. It's been nice.

3 comments:

munyer jerk chicken said...

Good for you for doing the Kenai stuff! I remember when we moved away from Long Beach, CA we were scrambling during the last couple of weeks to do the stuff that we hadn't done in the five years that we lived there. It's more fun to do it your way... while you're there!

Us Egberts said...

Wow! I love lookin at your blog...your pictures are soooo fun...what a beautiful place to live/visit. It is fun to see you and your beautiful kidlins and your mom and dad...a dream trip for sure:0)

Ter said...

I think I am gonna take my family next summer and do the Kenai thing... get to know the town we live in is important to me.... I love the pics of you and your cute little family... WE love your kids!!! and thank you for being so wonderful to MY Mollie and Cody