Saturday, August 1, 2009

Celebrating the 4th of July!

This is the 1st parade we've been to since we moved to Kenai. It was so fun to go with Mom & Dad!
Up here they're still allowed to throw candy at the parade. This was a new experience for the kids and they LOVED it!
The kids were handed these little flags, which they waved fertively. They thought that was pretty neat.
Don't they are looking so patriotic!
I didn't get a flag, but I managed to get hit in the head by a flying news paper, and some kind of plastic blow up toy. My head must look like a good target. ;O)
We wanted to meet Brent for lunch after the parade since he had to work,... but he was busy with some sort of foot pursuit, so we went to the beach instead.
We saw several seals out in the water... fishing for salmon I presume.
It's not a good picture, but you can tell what it is.
Isn't my mom pretty?
It didn't take her long to become Faith's new best friend.
My Dad is digging in the sand, to see if there are sand crabs. Just another one of the kids. :)
........................................................................................................................I didn't get a picture, but TJ kept hitting me in the head with rocks. He was trying to skip them, but he wasn't watching where they were going. A rock would hit me, and I'd look around to see where it came from. But he would already be looking for another rock to throw. It took me forever to finally figure out what was going on!
I told her not to get wet, but she's soaked as usual.
.......................................................................................................................................................................... Faith and Gracie love the water this year. TJ doesn't really want anything to do with it, he just likes to play in the sand. They're all their own little people.

If your beach was fed by Glacial rivers and streams you'd run away screaming too!

1 comment:

Joslin @ Just Batty said...

I'm sure you're having so much fun with your mom and dad there! I'm happy for you (even thought that sounds cheesy!).