Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Mommy is my Favorite friend.... March 18,2011

I don't get to see my mom very often.  So in honor of Mother's Day I'm posting these pictures of my Mom's visit to Unalakleet in March.
She spent almost 3 weeks here.  One of them baby sitting the kids while Brent & I went on a long awaited trip to Maui.
Gracie wanted Grandma to be here for her real Birthday Party so we celebrated the day after Grandma arrived.
Brent used the air compressor to blow up balloons... and sometimes the kids.
Gracie and her friend Sonja from Kindergarten.
Gracie & Grandma looking pretty and ready to party!
Gracie with some of her classmates from Unalakleet Kindergarten.  And of course Grandma to make the day complete.
Happy Birthday Grace!
We were really excited that it had warmed up to 30 degrees when Mom was here.  
Brent was really excited to get everyone out of the house and go walking on the frozen ocean.
Mom thought it was funny that at 30 degrees we thought it was "warm out" and time for a walk.
Awww... Me and my Mommy.  
If you know me, you know there's no one in this world who I love and respect as much as my dear sweet mother.  I know Brent feels exactly the same way.   Happy Mother's Day Mom!
One of Mom's many great qualities is that she loves to spend time with the kids.   While she was here they baked, played games, did puzzles, and read stories to their hearts content.
Cooking of course is another one of my Mom's many great qualities, mmm.... pie!


Unalakleet Sunsets...  Now the sun doesn't set till midnight.  But in March it was between 9:30 and 9:45 pretty late for my little Momma to be out on the sea ice. 
But she's very brave and we got these beautiful pictures of the sun setting behind the frozen ocean.

Lena, Gracie, Faith, Breanna

For Gracie's Birthday Grandma helped Gracie sew this darling little Dress for her doll.

 We sure loved having my Mom here for a visit.   Kids who get to live by their Grandma's are so lucky!
Speaking of Mom's... I think this is the 1st picture I've posted where you can see my belly.    In this picture I am a whopping 18 weeks, and showing a round little belly. 
(Brent likes to say "It's So Fluffy!")
How do you get to the airport?   Here's mom all loaded up on the snow machine to head to the airport.   That's life in Unalakleet.

1 comment:

Us Egberts said...

Great post....great woman...so glad she was able to come for a visit.